Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Taking some time to design

I moved into a new apartment semi-recently, and while I have a lot of stuff--a lot of coats, a lot of purses, a lot of gnomes--I have no furniture. Nor do I have anything on my walls and, as you can guess, I like pictures and I like walls covered in them. Naturally, decorating's been on my mind.


I'm not sure I even have room for a desk, but if I do I'm getting this chair from Urban Outfitters to go with it. I love the muted blues and pops of reds and I love that it looks like a collage of fabric scraps. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything that looks like a collage.


I'm loving this burlap and button piece by Cloth and Patina as seen on Etsy. The combination of the antique frame, the rustic burlap and the delicate buttons is so unusual! I want to hang it right over my bed and stare at it all day long.


The one thing I do have on my walls right now is a world map. I love looking at it and dreaming of past and future travels. But this map from I Screen You Screen via Etsy is so adorable, I'm thinking it's time for a new one.


And to go along with it maybe this map from Ork Posters via Apartment Therapy of my former college stomping grounds and one of my favorite cities.


Of course then I'd also have to get this key hook of my home state (from Old New Again via Apartment Therapy).


And for a little spring fun, I think these candleholders from CB2 need to come in bulk and be scattered all over my apartment. As a bonus they'd probably entertain the puppy and the cat for hours, don't you think?

Photo credits: 1) Urban Outfitters chair; 2) gorgeous Button Love from Cloth and Patina via Etsy; 3) awesome world map from I Screen You Screen via Etsy; 4) a tribute to Beantown from Ork Posters as seen on Apartment Therapy; 5) California key hook from Old New Again via Etsy; 6) Canary candleholders from CB2

No comments:

Post a Comment